Realtor Magazine recently released their list of Hot Housing Trends for 2015. Here are the trends that experts expect to catch attention this year: 1. Coral Shades. Sherwin-Williams says Coral Reef (#6606) is 2015's color of the year because it reflects the country's optimism about the future. A new color is an easy change for homeowners to make.
2. Open Spaces go mainstream. An open floor plan has been around for a while now but it's becoming an essential part of the home.
3. Storage. More home owners are willing to give up an extra bedroom in order to gain more storage in the walk-in closet or gain a butler's pantry in the kitchen.
4. Fireplaces and Fire Pits. The sight of a flame has universal appeal as a signal of warmth, romance, and togetherness. New versions on the market make this amenity more accessible with more compact design and fewer venting concerns.
5. Grander Garages. The new trends in the garage include temperature controls, sleek glass doors, zones for audiovisual controls, and a big sink or tub to wash pets.
6. Cool Copper. The "it" metal for 2015 is copper. Copper can be seen in large areas or in a few backsplash tiles, hanging fixtures, or home décor accents.
7. Shades of White Kitchens. The majority of kitchens have some form of white painted cabinetry. What's different now is that all-white does not mean the same white, since variations add depth and visual appeal.
To read more of Realtor Magazine's 2015 Top Trends, visit their website: http://realtormag.realtor.org/
Utah's Luxury Home Builders, Cameo Homes Inc.